Akash Network, provider of a decentralized cloud computing market and the first DeCloud for DeFi, has developed and is preparing to launch the Inter-Block Communication Relay (IBC) scheduled for the launch of IBC by the Interchain Foundation.
IBC allows various blockchain protocols to communicate and deal with each other independently, providing a framework for connecting the global economy to blockchain.
“Participants in existing blockchains will be able to interact and exchange with each other across the chains. This ability of channels to transact and interact will be revolutionary for the industry, ”said Adam Bozanich, Chief Technology Officer of Akash Network. “We look forward to seeing how the community is using the Relayer and incorporating their feedback to make improvements.”
The main features of the IBC relay include:
- API Server: An end-to-end API server that allows clients to interact with IBC chains. This functionality allows the relay to expose an RPC server that allows a user to make common requests and use all the functionality of the relay against a programmatic HTTP interface, i.e. a website. This functionality will also allow remote management of relay nodes.
- Improved client-side validations: Improved security and robustness of the Relayer by improving client-side validations for messages.
- Additional support for recycling clients, connections and channels: This feature is a crucial improvement in the performance of the IBC network and reduces the number of connections needed between different servers, thus improving the efficiency and speed of the system.
- Automatic Client Updates to Prevent Expiration: Added critical usability improvements such as Automatic Client Updates to prevent IBC clients from expiring, reducing system management and oversight.
- Typed Events: This feature simplifies the code base and makes it easier for customers to consume events from all channels based on the Cosmos SDK. It also makes the system more stable and greatly improves the developer’s experience.
- Architecture Decision Papers (ADR) in Cosmos SDK: A submission for design events has been integrated into the latest Cosmos SDK and will be integrated into the Relayer.
Indispensable to the launch of the IBC protocol and the only way for users to use IBC, the Relayer is the user interface that allows all transfers and transactions on IBC.
In development for more than three years, IBC is the flagship feature of the Cosmos network. For crypto and blockchain, where interoperability and composability are critical to the continued growth of decentralized industries like DeFi, IBC is the most promising and production-ready solution.
Akash will be one of the first networks in the world to integrate with IBC and IBC Relayer, thanks to the launch in early March 2021 of Akash MAINNET 2, the first viable decentralized cloud alternative to centralized cloud providers such as Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure and Google Cloud.
For more information on this news, visit https://akash.network.